Thursday, December 27, 2012

26 New Year Intentions

The new year is just a few days away. I'm quite excited. ^_^ And I've started to think a little about what I would like the new year to be. I've decided to choose 26 intentions (I like that better than "resolutions") I want this shizz to be about. Why 26? Well, this is my 26th New Year, so there ya go.

So, in no particular order...

1. Listen to music, classical and modern. Ok, this is an easy one. I do this a lot regardless. But sometimes I get busy and don't listen to much, so I want to be intentional about this. It's so good for the soul and like, fun.

2. Drink green juice. A food processor has fallen into my greedy little hands. Now I just need some sprouting bag and away I shall go into the land of macro-nutrient delight.

3. Read (at least) 50 books. This will put a microscopic dent in my to-read list.

4. Write. Anything.

5. Be spontaneously generous.

6. Continue to support activism in one way or another.

7. Become a walking beast. This may or may not involve aerobic exercise. I might just simply become a beast. ;)

8. Focus on the little things. "For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about."

9. Figure out a preferred method to make a savory vegetable biscuit. Nutritious and portable.

10. Continue kicking anemia in the ass. Doing GREAT, finally, at 8 months out. Almost at that finish line. Hkkfhaldhfasjfhjfhajhfjs. X-D

11. Overcome negativity. Because smiles are not optional. Happiness IS something you can decide to experience. And it's unconditional. You don't need anything in particular to have it.

12. Be in awe of something and/or get the excited tickley feels every day.

13. Own a successful small business. I'm going to peddle frozen time.

14. Embark on an adventure into community. I want the opportunity to encourage and be encouraged, and challenged to grow.

15. Be a sponge. Soak up information about anything and everything, everywhere, at all times.

16. See The Great Gatsby. I mean.

17. Enjoy art.

18. Hang out at the library. Nerd paradise.

19. Be a neutral diplomat and philosophize regularly.

20. Research the things that make humans tick. One of my many fascinations.

21. Keep up with current events. I'm historically bad at this, so we'll see.

22. Buy a car. Eep. O.o

23. Become a responsible adult. Ok, who am I kidding. Learn how to convincingly fake being a responsible adult. :D

24. Do magical, fairy things, and maybe build a fort. See; never an adult.

25. Practice my listening skills. I could definitely use some growth in this area...

26. Deepen in my spirituality, empathy, and consciousness. Key points: Awareness of the self, a commitment to discerning the action that provides the most benefit to all parties involved, an understanding of how my actions affect others and can rebound back onto myself. To walk in the light of a deeper connectedness with humanity for the growth and healing of humankind.

2012 has been a challenge, but I've seen myself grow in abundant, unexpected ways, in spite of many times I was less than careful about myself and others. Here's to healing, forgiveness, restoration, and just plain ol fun, beautiful times in the new year.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post on New Year's resolutions. I love this blog!! May I become a follower?

    ReplyDelete